Who doesn’t love milk? And if you combine it with some pasta, vanilla and a little bit of honey, you are in the game: you have a simple, fast and delicious breakfast or diner on your children’s table.
Let’s not wander too much on this subject and just get on with it!
What we need:
- 600 ml milk;
- 150 g pasta (you can choose any type of pasta you like, but be careful to read the producer’s indication on how much do you need to cook it);
- 1 vanilla pod;
- honey (I won’t suggest any quantities here as it depends on how sweet you like your food);
- a pinch of salt;
How to do it:
1.Add water in a pan and bring it to the boil. When boiling, add the salt and pasta and continue to cook over medium heat as recommended by the pasta’s producer. Alternatively, you can just try the pasta and switch the heat off when the pasta is al dente.
2. In another pan, add the milk with the scraped out vanilla seeds and with the vanilla pod and bring it to a boil for one minute or two. Be careful not to spill the milk over the pan, while boiling.
How to scrape out the vanilla seeds: cut the vanilla pod lengthwise and, with the dull side of the knife, peel the seeds and add them directly in your milk.
Add the vanilla pod in the pan with the seeds and the milk.
Vanilla pods are not edible but I like to leave them in the pan for more flavour.
3. When the pasta is cooked, throw the water and add the pasta over the milk. Leave it to rest for 15 minutes, to get a fully infused vanilla flavour.
4. Pour the composition in two bowls and add honey at will.